The music industry is an highly competitive and cutthroat arena. It’s not easy to create a fan base. Even when you do create the fan base, you still have to put even bigger effort to maintain them.
Also put in mind that your family and friends are not your fans. They are only your supporters. There is tendency for them to be bias so as not to hurt your feelings. Until you have random people hit you up about your music, you’re still in the friends and family zone.
- Be Optimistic At Every Turn.
- Observe Excellence And Be Excellent At Your Craft.
- Be Willing To Work Hard And Educate Yourself.
- Be Careful Who You Take Advice From.
- Form A Strong Professional Peer Group As Your Sounding Board.
- Acknowledge That One Does Not Get Famous Overnight.
- Have your songs on blog that get tons of visits daily for free download since you’re not mainstream yet.
- Grow your Social Media for marketing and not just showing off.
- Have A Clear Focus On Social Media Platforms.
- Be Creative At Generating Income.
- Give people a reason to like you and your music.
- Create An Amazing Team.
- Be Willing To Work On Your Craft Everyday.